By: Esther Vasa
Zucchini - 2
Extra Virgin Olive oil - 2 tbspDried Basil - 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
Onion Powder - 1 tsp
Lime Juice - 1/4th tsp (to retain the color of the veggies)
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
Himalayan Salt to taste
- Cut Zucchini into thin slices using a knife or a mandoline slicer and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Put all the ingredients. Mix well or toss to coat. Leave it to soak well for about 15 minutes.
- Spread evenly without overlapping the slices on the dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate at 120F for about 8 hours or until crispy.
- Serve with Garlic White Sauce. Doing so will make this recipe highly anti-inflammatory.
- All three of us liked these crackers.
You could do the same with sweet potatoes or kale or collard greens or spinach. I liked all these variations. I am posting a couple pictures out here just so you get an idea. On the blog, you can also find recipes for Nutritional Kale Chips and Basic Crunchy Kale Chips. If you do not have a dehydrator, you can simply make these chips in oven. Just set the oven to the lowest temperature setting and bake it for 20-30 minutes or until well baked.
|Sweet Potato Thins|