Although cause-and-effect of Multiple Sclerosis is not clear yet, the lesions of multiple sclerosis are areas of damage caused due to inflammation. Therefore, it is highly essential to power up on superfoods that help fight inflammation. KALE is an incredible anti-inflammatory food that can not only reduce the inflammation but also helps reverse it. It is also rich in iron, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. Consuming kale in the form of chips is a lot more easier and fun as well!
Curly Kale - 1 bunch
Nutritional Yeast - 1/4th cup
Red Pepper Flakes - 1/4th tsp or to taste
Juice of half a lime or lemon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 4 tsp
Himalayan Salt to taste
- Separate the leaves from the stems and tear them into bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, put all the ingredients and massage kale until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for about 4-6 hours or until you get the desired crispiness.
- Alternately, you could do the same in oven by spreading the kale leaves on the baking sheet. Bake at the lowest temperature setting for about 15-20 minutes or until you like.
- You could do the same with collard greens.