By: Esther Vasa
|GFCF Strawberry Cupcakes|
Gluten-Free Oatmeal - 5 cups
Almonds - 1 cup
Coconut Flakes - 1 cup
Himalayan Salt - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 2 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Bananas - 3
Apples - 2
Strawberries - 15 (chopped up roughly)
EVOO or Melted Coconut Oil - 1/4th cup
Eggs - 2 or Egg Whites - 4 or Egg Substitute equivalent to two eggs
Honey - 3/4th cup or more (if you like it sweeter) or use any sweetener of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Using a power blender, blend four cups of oatmeal, almonds, coconut flakes, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a dry cup until smooth. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Using a wet cup, blend, roughly chopped bananas, apples, oil, eggs/egg substitute and honey/sweetener.
- Combine the dry and the wet mixtures. Fold in the chopped strawberries.(PS: Do a taste test and if you need it sweeter, add a tablespoon of honey at a time and mix. If the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon of oatmeal at a time.)
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out the prepared mixture and drop into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check for "doneness" using a toothpick.