These cookies are meant for occasional snacking. My son likes goodies like these every now and then and I try to make it as healthy as possible.
Non-GMO Organic Yellow Corn Meal or Almond Meal - 2 cups (For this recipe I used yellow corn meal. Almond meal will be equally good, in my opinion.)
Chia seeds - 1/4th cup
Carob Chips - 3/4th cup
Dates - 12 or more depending on how sweet you like
Almond Butter - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Extra Light Olive Oil - 1/4th cup (for its high smoke point. You will need a bit more for greasing the baking tray)
Water - about 1.5 cups
Himalayan Salt - a pinch with three fingers
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Soak chia seeds in a cup of water for about half an hour.
- Soak dates in half a cup of water for an hour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (viz., almond meal or corn meal, carob chips, cinnamon powder, vanilla powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and set aside.
- Blend bananas, soaked dates, soaked chia seed gel, almond butter and oil. If needed add a little more water while blending.
- Put the blended mixture over the dry ingredient mixture and mix with a tablespoon or a thick spatula. If you find the cookie dough too tough add a little more water or if you find it loose add some more chia seeds or almond meal. If you like it sweeter, add a bit of coconut sugar.
- Grease a glass baking tray with olive oil.
- Scoop out the cookie dough one tablespoon at a time and fill up your baking tray leaving ample space (about an inch) in between raw cookie scoops.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool down and enjoy with your tea!
- Makes about 30-40 cookies.