This recipe uses Bob's Red Mill's GFCF Pizza Crust Whole Grain mix. You can go totally casein free by avoiding cheese or by using nut cheese. I used broccoli-rabe instead of cheese for me and generously sprinkled red pepper flakes and garlic powder. The pizza I made for my family had cheese and that is the picture posted here.
16oz Pizza Crust Whole Grain mix - 1 packet
1.5 cups warm water
Eggs - 2 (or use egg-substitute for two eggs)
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Yeast Packet (comes along with the mix) - for yeast-free version, use the yeast substitute for 1 tbsp of yeast
Vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions and as you like it!)
Cheese for the cheese version (I use vegan cheese for mine and regular cheese for my family)
Sauce of your choice (I used tomato sauce. For those doing BBD, use mustard sauce)
- Simply follow Bob's Red Mill instructions or the steps listed below.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine water and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and oil to the yeast mixture and blend well.
- Add the pizza crust mix to the above mixture and blend for a minute or two until well combined.
- Leave dough in a bowl for 20 minutes thus allowing it to rise. Then, split the dough into two parts.
- Place dough on greased 12-inch pizza pans and spread evenly by using wet hands.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes without toppings
- Pull out and cover with sauce, cheese and toppings and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Yields two pizza crusts.