For GFCF Pie Crust
Brown Rice Flour - 1.5 cups (more or less depending on the size of your tray)
Water - about 1/4th - 1/2 cup
Olive Oil - 2 tbsps (use 1/2 tbsp to grease the pie plate)
For Pumpkin Filling/Flan
Small Pumpkin - 1 (yielding at least 2 cups of pumpkin purée)
Egg Substitute equivalent to two eggs
Cashew/Macademia Nuts - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Clove Powder - 1/4th tsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Organic Pitted Dates - 1 cup (for sweetening)
Water - 1.25 cups
Preheat your oven to 350F.
GFCF Pie Crust
Mix the ingredients listed for GFCF Pie Crust and pat the mixture on the pie plate (preferably glass). Flatten it all the way to the rim. Using fork make marks on the rim (if you like). This is your pie crust; let it sit in the refrigerator for atleast 1/2 hour or if you have your pie filling ready, bake the crust for about 10 minutes at 350F before filling it with pumpkin flan.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and the stringy interiors. Cut roughly and bake in a glass baking tray covered at 350F with 1/4th cup of water for an hour. Set this aside to cool down.
- Blend (in a power blender like Vitamix) the baked pumpkin bits and the other ingredients listed for pumpkin filling/flan.
- Pour the blended mixture over the pie crust. It should fully cover the pie shell. If you have some left, make pumpkin flan!
- Bake at 350F anywhere from 60-90 minutes or until done (knife inserted should come out clean).
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours before enjoying your GFCF Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie!
This is a super-healthy pumpkin pie and you don't have to worry about sugar or unwanted saturated fat, cholesterol, heavy cream or gluten. Enjoy this pie with your family and friends for this THANKSGIVING! Let me know how you like it...