By: Esther Vasa
- AVOCADOS contain the 18 amino acids required to form complete protein that is used more efficiently by the body than are proteins found in meat.
- They contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, and this high fiber content aids in digestion and total body absorption of nutrients.
- Healthy fats found in avocados raise “good” cholesterol (HDL) while lowering “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides by 20%.
- They contain 35% more potassium than a banana does. Potassium is important because it regulates blood pressure.
- Avocados provide the lutein necessary to protect you from age-related eye degeneration.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of avocados prevent and/or treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sufficient amounts of oleic acid improve your cardiovascular system and protect against prostate and breast cancer.
- Vitamin B6 and folic acid control homocysteine levels – high quantities of homocysteine are linked to an increased risk of death from heart disease.
- Glutathione boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
Avocado - 1 (rightly riped)
Grated Raw Mango - 1/4th cup
Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Yellow Mustard - 1 tbsp (I like 365 Yellow Mustard)
Cilantro Leaves - 1/4th cup
Red Pepper Flakes - a couple pinches
Cut avocado into bite sized pieces. In a salad bowl put the avocado bits, grated mango, cilantro and the red pepper flakes. In a mixing bowl whisk lemon juice, yellow mustard and olive oil. Put the salad dressing over the salad and toss it well.
Serve the salad with chicken breast cooked per your liking.