By: Esther Vasa
|Butternut Squash Soup|
- Butternut Squash - 1
- Carrots - 3
- Onion - 1
- Celery Sticks - 3
- Parsley - few sprigs
- Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
- Homemade Bone Broth - 2 cups or more
- Turmeric - 1 heaped teaspoon
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Ghee or Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wash and poke the squash randomly, put it on a baking tray and stick the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, roughly chop carrots, onions and celery sticks and set aside.
- After the twenty minute period, add carrots, onions and celery sticks to the squash and push the tray into the oven for another 20 minutes. Check for doneness.
- In a power blender, blend parsley and the baked contents in batches by adding coconut milk and bone broth.
- Add the contents to a soup pot. Mix in ghee or coconut oil, freshly ground pepper and salt. Cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut or desiccated coconut and enjoy the soup right away.