By: Tessa Rushton
With many thanks to Gluten Free Holly!
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. butter (I use ghee)
2-3 T. Gluten Free Organic Coconut Flour (I use Bobs Red Mill)
1 teaspoon water
- Beat 2 eggs, and set them aside. Add the almond flour, salt and butter together and mix well. Into this mixture, pour and mix the beaten eggs. This is where you should have a very wet dough. Add in one tablespoon of coconut flour and mix in well. Allow to sit for about a minute as the coconut flour takes a bit of time to absorb. You are looking for a dough that can be easily kneaded, yet will not stick to your hands. Add 2 more tablespoon of coconut flour, looking for this play-doh like texture.
- Let the dough rest for five minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease a cookie sheet.
- Take a hunk of dough about half the size of a golf ball,and roll the dough under your hands into a long skinny pencil about the length of a pencil.
- Once you have a piece of dough this size, continue to roll it thinner and thinner until it is about twice as long.
- VERY Carefully lift the long skinny piece of dough to the cookie sheet. Twist it carefully into the shape of a pretzel – or the shape of letters, hearts, I even flattened out a few pieces and used a cookie cutter to make some cool shapes.
- Place the pretzels in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Beat the remaining egg and add 1 teaspoon water.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven. Turn the oven up to 400°F.
- Turn all of the pretzels over and you will see the bottom is nicely browned. This is actually the top of your pretzel! Lightly brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.