By: Elna Botes van Schalkwyk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 medium potatoes of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (to make the recipe less acidic, I only use the skins of the potato)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Cauliflower (± 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon gf curry powder (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cumin seeds, garlic, and ginger paste. Cook about 1 minute until garlic is lightly browned. Add the potatoes. Season with turmeric, paprika, cumin, garam masala, and salt. Cover and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix the cauliflower and cilantro into the saucepan. Reduce heat to low and cover. Stirring occasionally, continue cooking 10 minutes, or until potatoes/sweet potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- You can enjoy aloo gobi with poppadoms.
- Enjoy! ♥