By: Esther Vasa
Ripe Tomatoes - 6
Chopped Celery - 1 cup
Chopped Carrots - 1 cup
Onion Powder - 1/2 tsp
Crushed Garlic - 1 tsp
Crushed Cumin - 1/4th tsp
Avocado Oil or any other oil with higher smoke point - 1 tbsp
Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste
Unsalted Vegetable Stock or Water - 4 cups
Fresh or Dried Parsley for garnish
- Boil tomatoes in enough water for about five to ten minutes. Pull out the tomatoes. Allow them to cool a bit. Then, peel the skins off and set the tomatoes aside for use later.
- In a soup pot, warm up oil and add chopped celery and carrot salt to taste. Stir well and allow them to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, add onion powder, crushed cumin and garlic. Stir well.
- Next, add the tomatoes from step 1. Mix well and then add the stock.
- Adjust salt and add pepper. Let this simmer with cover on for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand immersion blender or any other blender, blend the soup. If you are using a regular blender, make sure you release the steam every now and then or it will end up being a disaster in the kitchen.
- Return the blended soup to the soup pot. Cover cook for another 15 minutes or so.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls and garnish with parsley or any herbs you like.
- This is a common soup yet a much needed soup every so often.