Spinach - 1 bunch (diced)
Onion - 1 (diced finely)
Tomato - 1 (optional - diced also)
Mint Leaves - 10 or about a tsp of dried mint
Crushed Garlic - 1 tbsp
Pine Nuts - 2 tbsp (soaked for an hour)
Cayenne Pepper - 1/8th tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/4th tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp (reduce if you are not used to its taste)
Himalayan Salt to taste
Water - 1/2 cup
Extra Virgin Pure Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Blend tomatoes, mint, pine nuts with water and set aside.
- Warm up the oil in a heavy steel pan.
- Add the onions and let them sweat a bit (30 seconds).
- Add mushrooms and saute for a minute.
- Then add spinach and stir well for a minute.
- Finally, add the rest of the ingredients along with the blended mixture from step 2.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until you like your mushrooms and spinach cooked.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy it with brown rice or quinoa.