By: Elna Botes van Schalkwyk
* ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
* 2 tsp mustard
* 1 tbsp minced shallot
* Himalayan Salt and a pinch of Cayenne pepper
* ½ cup olive oil
* 1 bunch Tuscan kale, center stem discarded, leaves sliced thinly
* 12 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
* ⅓ cup almonds with skins, toasted and coarsely chopped
* ¼ cup fake Cream cheese
* Nutmeg to taste
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic, ½ tsp. salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir to blend; set aside to let flavors meld.
- Mix the thinly sliced kale and shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk remaining olive oil in cup into lemon-juice mixture.
- Season dressing to taste with Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the dressing, “cheese" and almonds to the Brussels sprouts and kale mixture and toss to coat.
- Season lightly with Himalayan salt and nutmeg and serve.