I've been writing a lot about detox recently and thought I would share a recipe for Chelation Pesto. The recipe was given to me by my naturopath and came from Optimal Health Center. They both use it to help clients remove heavy metals, including mercury. Any time a client is undergoing heavy metal detox, I have them make this and eat 2 tsp a day for 3 weeks (if they can contain themselves - it's pretty darn yummy).
The cilantro grabs the heavy metal while the nuts and seeds provide nutrients that support detox pathways.
- 2 Bunches of cilantro, basil and/or parsley
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium source)
- 1/3 cup Sunflower seeds (cysteine source)
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds (zinc and magnesium source)
- 4 tbl Lemon juice (vitamin C source) – I use the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Dulse powder (iodine source)
- 1-2 sprays Bragg’s liquid amino (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Process cilantro and oil in a food processor until cilantro is chopped.
- Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice. Process until you have a finely blended paste.
- Add salt and Bragg’s (if using).
- Store in glass container.
Laurie Erdman | Chronic Wellness Coaching