- With thanks to Russel James-
2 heads butter lettuce
2 nori sheets
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cup baby tomatoes (peeled)
1 cup cashews, soaked 20 minutes
½ cup water
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons fine onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
- Chill until ready to use.
¼ cup macadamias
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
¼ teaspoon salt
- Grate the macadamias into a bowl.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt, and then mix thoroughly.
|With all credit to therawchef.com|
- Cut the leaves from the stalk of the butter lettuce.
- Toss in the desired amount of dressing and then rearrange the leaves on the plate so they go from biggest to smallest, as they did when they were part of the original lettuce.
- Cut half of an avocado into a fan and place on the plate just to the side of the butter lettuce.
- Crush a dry nori sheet with your hands and sprinkle the lettuce with it.
- Quarter the baby tomatoes and sprinkle the salad with them, finishing up with a sprinkle of the quick parmesan cheese and the pine nuts.