Here's a tasty chili recipe that will bring about some tummy warming on a cold winters day.
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion (chopped)
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt (or to taste)
• 2 stalks celery (diced)
• 2 red peppers (diced)
• 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced fine)
• 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
• 3 x (28 ounce cans whole tomatoes (chopped fine)
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder (to taste)
• ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
• 1 x (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
• 1 x (15 ounce) can garbanzo (chickpea) beans (drained)
• 1 x (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
• 1 x (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions, seasonings with bay leaves, and salt.
- Stir until onion is clear in colour.
- Then stir in celery, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Then add beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in corn, and it is ready to serve following a huge salad.
[With thanks H.Acres]