Use on anything you would use traditional Parmesan cheese
• 1½ cups raw, macadamia nuts, soaked overnight and drained
• 1½ pine nuts, soaked 4 hours and drained
• 1¾ cups distilled water
• Juice from one lemon and lime
• 1 probiotic capsule (contents only)
• ¾ tsp Himalayan Salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into bowl, cover with a towel and leave at room temperature to allow fermentation to begin (about 4 hours).
- Spread “cheese” on a tray covered with unbleached parchment paper in a very thin coat and dehydrate about 5 hours.
- Place a second dehydrator tray with a screen over the cheese and flip the “cheese.”
- Gently peel the “cheese” from the unbleached parchment paper using a dough scraper.
- Return to the dehydrator for another hour or until completely dry.
- Crumble the “cheese” and place in a container.
[with thanks to R Malkmus]