I believe it is best to stay away from yeast for those of us with an auto-immune disorder like Multiple Sclerosis. You could go with yeast substitute.
Bob's Red Mill's GFCF Homemade Bread Mix - 16oz packet
Almonds - 1/4th cup
Water - 1 and 2/3rds cup
Olive oil or oil of your choice - 1/4th cup
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tsp
Egg Whites - 3/4th cup or use egg-substitute equivalent to three eggs
- Preheat the oven to 80F.
- Prepare almond milk by blending almonds and water in a power blender like Vitamix for about 2 minutes or until it reaches about 100F. You can just feel the outside of the jar.
- Pull out yeast from the sachet and mix it in the warm almond milk. Allow it to foam for 5 minutes.
- Blend egg whites, vinegar, oil and almond milk-yeast mixture from step 3 in a wet blender for about 30 seconds to a minute (I used Vitamix's 64 oz wet blender jar).
- Add bread mix and with tamper in place blend all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the prepared bread mixture into a greased bread baking tray. Cover the tray with a greased cover (do not seal it tight).
- Pop the baking tray into the preheated oven and let the mixture rise for 30 minutes.
- Then, increase the oven's temperature to 375F and bake for an hour or until the bread is well baked. Bob's Red Mill's instruction suggests to cover after the first 10 minutes of baking time to avoid burning of the bread.