This is a good whole grain gluten-free casein-free bread mix. Going gluten-free and casein-free can be hard some times but with products like these, we don't need to worry or feel sorry for ourselves. This has sunflower seeds, caraway seeds, cacao powder, garbanzo bean flour and fava bean flour. If you are allergic to beans or seeds or cacao this is not for you. Also, for those of us with an autoimmune disorder it is safe to stay away from yeast. You could use yeast substitute.
Bob's Red Mill's GFCF Hearty Whole Grain Bread mix - 20 oz packet
Water - 1.75 cups
Olive oil - 1/4th cup
Egg Whites - 4
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Follow Bob's Red Mill's instructions. Also listed here are the modified instructions.
- Dissolve the enclosed packet of yeast in warm water (110F) and let stand for 5 minutes to foam.
- Put eggs, oil, vinegar and yeast-water mixture into the wet mixer of your power blender (I used Vitamix) and blend for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Add the dry mix to the blended mixture above. Blend on high with the tamper in place. Make sure the mixture is well blended.
- Transfer the above mixture to a well-greased pan or tray, cover and let stand at about 100F for about 45 minutes or until the dough rises well.
- Then, bake for 60-65 minutes at 375F. After the first 10-15 minutes, wrap it with a foil to avoid burning.
- Cool and slice it. Makes about 16 bread slices.