These cookies are a rich treat only to be had on rare occasions. It has stevia or raw honey or sweetener of your choice and is to be consumed with caution. Compared to unhealthy treats around this special season of Thanksgiving and Christmas, this sure is a healthier option! You have peanuts and walnuts to energize you and the gluten free rolled oats that are rich in fiber, calcium and thiamin.
Gluten Free Rolled Oats - 3 cups
Walnuts - 1/2 cup
Raw Honey - 1 cup or 1.25 cups of brown sugar or stevia
Egg Whites - 4
Pure Vanilla Extract - 2 tsps
Peanuts - 1 cup (to make homemade butter)
Baking Powder - 2 tsps
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/4th cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Using a Vitamix or a power blender, crush oats, baking powder and walnuts together and set aside.
- Dry roast peanuts and using Vitamix or your power blender, make peanut butter with tamper in place. Add this into the mixture prepared in step 1 above.
- Blend your sweetener, egg whites, vanilla extract and extra virgin olive oil and put into the mixture prepared above.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients with a fork or a thick spoon.
- Using a teaspoon place the cookie dough into a lightly greased cookie sheet about an inch or two apart.
- Bake at 350F for about 10-12 minutes depending on the heat of your oven. Voilà... Your cookies are ready! Yields about 30 cookies.