Chopped Salad

By: Tessa Rushton

I used a recipe by Candace Cameron Bure as inspiration for this salad. You can adapt this recipe to use ingredients you have on hand - or add your favourites.

Use about 1/2 cup of each raw ingredient & chop into tiny bite size pieces. It keeps in the fridge for 3 days if covered. Increase amounts for a crowd!

Broccoli - florets & peeled stems
Cauliflower
Baby Spinach leaves
Red & Yellow Bell Pepper
Hot pepper (I use what I have on hand: jalapeno or hot red - whatever you like)
Red, Yellow, heirloom tomatoes (seeded)
Avocado (I add this before I serve to avoid oxidation)
Egg whites (if you eat eggs)
Asparagus spears
Celery
Beets (I add these just before I serve because they'll turn everything else pink!)

Drizzle with expeller pressed extra virgin olive oil & serve.

Carnivores out there can add chopped cooked meat when serving too! Or, Garbanzo (chick peas) would be good too although I don't eat these on the MS diet (www.direct-ms.org)

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment