This is a nice, comforting and healing soup. Cabbage belongs to Brassica Vegetables or Cruciferous Vegetables. It has cancer fighting phytonutrients called sulfuraphane and indoles. Sulfuraphane increases the body’s ability to detoxify carcinogenic substances that cause cancer. Indoles suppress the growth of tumors and inhibit cancer cell metastasis. It is also good for digestive and intestinal issues. Today I needed this and it took me less than half-hour from start to finish.
|Quick Cabbage Soup|
Carrot - 1
Celery Sticks - 2
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Garlic Cloves - 2
Vegetable Stock - 4 cups
Finely Chopped Cilantro or Parsley - a handful
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Warm up olive oil and add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Keep stirring and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add tomatoes and cabbage and continue to stir for yet another 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, cilantro or parsley, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and enjoy!