By: Elna Botes van Schalkwyk
From my first-aid book:
- Washing the affected area with chamomile tea.
- Applying olive oil to the rash.
- A mixture of cod liver oil and vitamin E is very effective in eliminating rashes.
- Grinding holy basil leaves, combined with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, and smearing over the rash.
- Taking an oatmeal bath is one of the best body rash treatments. Pour one cup of uncooked oatmeal into the bathwater and soak in this solution.
- Another extremely effective treatment is applying mashed almond leaves to the affected area.
- Vitamin C has strong antioxidant properties that can help heal rashes and reduce the chances of subsequent allergic reactions.
- Raw apple cider vinegar and raw honey are very effective in eliminating allergies. Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey three times a day or mix the apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water. The honey should be obtained from a local source.
- Another good remedy for skin allergies is to crush one tablespoon of poppy seeds, mix with one teaspoon of water and one teaspoon of lime juice and apply to rash.
- Liver toxicity can also be the cause of certain skin rashes. It may be beneficial to do a liver cleanse. Herbs that help to detoxify the liver are turmeric, milk thistle, and dandelion.
- One item that can help avoid allergies due to local pollens is regular consumption of locally grown raw organic honey. Avoidance of smoking, heavy alcohol consumption and cosmetics can also help prevent many allergies.