By: Elna Botes van Schalkwyk
|Chocolate Chip Cookies with Avocado|
½ Cup avocado (approximately one avocado)
Sweetener of your choice
1 Egg or 1 tsp. egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla
1 Cup gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or unsweetened to remove all sugar)
½ Cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 290ºF/145ºC. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Remove avocado from skin and place in mixer. Mix on medium until slightly lumpy. Add sweetener and mix on high until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In small bowl mix together baking soda, flour, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Mix on medium until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans and mix till evenly combined.
- Scoop one tablespoon of dough per cookie and place on cookie sheet one inch apart. If you want flatter cookies you can use the back of a spoon to flatten them out. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Makes 24 cookies. Dig in and enjoy! ♥