By: Elna Botes van Schalkwyk
200g blueberries (or any other fruit of your choice)
200g gluten free flour
2 tsp gf baking powder
Sweetener of your choice to taste
175ml silk-, almond- or rice milk
2 eggs or 2 tsps egg substitute
150 ml extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
A pinch of Himalayan salt
½ tsp of nice quality vanilla extract
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the sugar.
- In a jug, or separate bowl whisk the milk, egg, oil, nutmeg and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Poke a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well whilst beating quickly and lightly until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with cling film (plastic wrap) and stick it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Line a muffin tin with paper .
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and ladle the mixture into the muffin cases, making sure you fill it to ¾ full otherwise you'll have really small muffins.
- Wash and dry the blueberries, and distribute them evenly over the tops of the muffins. Yes they're meant to just sit on top because they have a tendency to sink!
- Bake for 30 minutes or so, or until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack until they're not scalding and dig in whilst they're still hot!
- Enjoy! ♥