By: Esther Vasa
I love snacking on Sesame Blues once in a while. This recipe is an inspiration from that snacking. Making it at home is cheaper and you can have it for a whole week. This way not only you but also all your family members can snack on these gluten-free casein-free crackers.
Sesame Seeds - 1/2 cup
Paprika - 1/2 tsp
Himalayan Salt to taste
Water - 2 cups
Extra Virgin Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Using your hand mix up all the ingredients except the olive oil. Saran wrap it and let it sit on the counter for 1/2 hour.
- Brush the olive oil on a baking tray.
- Using the palm of your hand, spread the mixed dough from step 2 evenly on the baking tray. Make it as thin as possible so your crackers would be nice and crunchy.
- Run the pizza cutter to mark diamond shapes or any other desired shape for your crackers.
- Bake at 300F for about 20 minutes.
- Then, pull out the tray and turn the crackers and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Depending on the thickness of your crackers, the time taken to bake may vary.
- Switch off the oven and allow the crackers to cool.
- Serve with any sauce you like. Enjoy!
You can try with any herbs and spices you like. Some spices you could try are onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, ginger powder, dried basil, dried parsley, rosemary, mint, thyme, oregano and sage. I tried a few of these combinations and was always amazed at the resulting taste and flavor!