- 4 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, (8 or 9 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon palm- or coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons gf curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Cayenne pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add Himalayan salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until tender but not mushy, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine raisins and boiling water in a small bowl; let sit until plumped, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large wide pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, raisins and the fruit-soaking liquid. Season with Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Stir gently over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Enjoy! ♥