Quinoa - 1/4th cup (protein-rich seeds)
Gluten Free Oats - 1/2 cup
Flaxseeds - 1 tbsp (for more fiber and Omega 3)
Brown Rice Protein - 2 tbsp (more protein)
Tapioca Pearls or Tapioca Flour - 1/4th cup (Helps in binding. Alternately, use a tsp of xanthan gum)
Almond Meal - 1/4th cup
Blackstrap Molasses - 1 tbsp
Banana - 1
Brown Sugar or Dates (for Vegans) or Raw Honey - 1/4th cup (if you like it sweeter, add more)
Himalayan Salt - a couple pinches
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/4th cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp (heaped)
Water - 1 cup (a bit more if needed while blending)
- Firstly, wash quinoa thoroughly and cook in a cup of water. Fluff and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pulverize oats, flaxseeds and tapioca pearls in the dry container of your power blender (I used Vitamix).
- Put the cooked quinoa, the pulverized powder from step 3 and the rest of the ingredients in the wet container.
- Grease your baking tray and transfer the mixture from the step 4.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- This was a heavenly treat to me. Goes well with soup or salad. Enjoy!