Chicken/Turkey Breast - 1 pound (cut into equal cubes)
Large Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 3 (finely chopped)
Brown or White Rice - 1 cup (soaked for 1/2 hour)
Bay Leaves - 2
Green Chillies - 2 (slit length-wise)
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Cilantro Sprigs - a few (finely chopped)
Fresh Ginger and Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4th tsp
Clove and Cinnamon Powder - 1 pinch each
Cumin and Coriander Powder - 1/8th tsp each
Juice of one whole lemon
Himalayan Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken/turkey breast cubes for at least two hours by mixing up the ingredients listed under "For Marination".
- Warm up oil in a steel skillet and sweat the onions. Then, add the marinaded chicken/turkey pieces and tomatoes in that order. Stir and cover cook for 15 minutes stirring once in between. Turn off the heat and let the chicken/turkey stay in the skillet for about five minutes. Separate the chicken/turkey breast pieces from the gravy and set the pieces aside.
- Measure the yielded gravy. If it is less than two cups, add water to make up to two cups. Bring this to a boil along with bay leaves and green chillies. Then add the soaked cup of rice and let the rice cook until done. Fluff the rice, turn off the heat. Allow it to set for another 5-10 minutes.
- Now, add up the chicken/turkey pieces separated in Step 2 and stir once. Garnish with cilantro and serve with any gravy or sauce.
- In the picture, I served "Easy-Breezy Chicken/Turkey Pilaf" with chicken cooked in tomato purée, salt and a few spices.