By: Esther Vasa
Lychees have the following benefits --
- Anti Cancer: İt is Natural Cancer Treatment , lychee fruit prevents the growth of cancer cells , Research has also shown that lychee fruit may provide impressive anti-breast cancer properties
- Oligonol: Oligonol, a low molecular weight polyphenol found abundantly in lychee fruit. Oligonol has been found to have several Anti-oxidant, Anti-influenza virus actions. In addition, it helps improve blood flow in organs, reduce weight, and protect skin from harmful UV rays
- Potassium and Copper: Lychee also contains a very good amount of minerals like potassium and copper. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids help control heart rate and Blood Pressure; thus offers protection against Stroke and Coronary Heart Diseases. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin C: Lychee is extremely rich in Vitamin C and contains approximately 40 percent more vitamin C than orange.Studies suggest that consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammator y free radicals.
- Vitamin B ,Thiamin ,Niacin ,Folates: It is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, niacin and folates. These vitamins are essential since they function by acting as co-factors to help body metabolize carbohydrates, protein and fats.
- Lychee is considered Diuretic and Digestive.
- It even has high levels of Beta Carotene, greater than that found in carrots.β-Carot ene is stored in the liver and many other organs ("golden ovaries") Strengthens The İmmune System
- Lychee fruits are low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, but rich in dietary fiber which, can be very important for individuals who are concerned about their excess body weight.
- It is a good source of carbohydrates and fiber, which are quite essential for the body.
Pearl Millet Flour – 3/4th cup
Finger Millet Flour – ½ cup
Brown Sugar – ½ cup (or equivalent stevia)
Cinnamon Powder – 1/4th tsp
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Pistachio – 1/4th cup
Water – 1/3rd cup
Egg – 1 or egg substitute to make it vegan
Lychees – 8
Salt – 1/8th tsp
In a mixing bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder. Blend brown sugar, pistachio, water, egg and lychees for a few minutes. Pour the blended mixture over the flour mixture and whisk the ingredients thoroughly. Fill twelve muffin cups (about 3/th cup). Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 (two each)