45 ml Balsamic Vinegar
10 ml Sesame Oil
15 ml Xylitol, Stevia or sugar of your choice
1 ml crushed Red chilli flakes
2 large Cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 5-mm dice
1 small red Pepper, diced
450 g skinless, boned chicken breasts, cut into 2,5-cm pieces
2,5 ml each ground Coriander, Himalayan Salt and Cayenne Pepper
2 gloves Garlic, peeled
80 g dry roasted Peanuts
70 ml fresh Coriander/Cilantro sprigs
125 ml Chicken Stock
30 ml fresh Lemon juice
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, 5 ml of the sugar and the red chilli flakes. Add the cucumbers and red pepper, tossing to combine. Refrigerate until serving time.
2. Preheat the grill. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the coriander, salt and pepper - set aside.
3. In a small pot of boiling water, cook the garlic for 4 minutes to blanch. Transfer to a food processor along with the peanuts, fresh coriander, stock, lemon juice and the remaining sugar. Purée.
4. Thread the chicken onto eight 20-cm skewers. Grill 15 centimetres from the heat, turning the skewers once, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve 2 skewers of chicken per person, with the peanut sauce and cucumber salad alongside.
5. A savoury peanut sauce is the traditional accompaniment for this Indonesian speciality. Garnish the dish with additional crushed peanuts and coriander sprigs. -